At 2018 Apple revealed their excellent operating system for Mac. It has lots of interesting feathers which has surprised everyone even window users. Some of the feathers that were showed are.
- Dark mode: When you want to focus on a single thing and don’t want anything to disturb you. You can enable dark mode for doing it. Interestingly, when you have enabled dark mode it will automatically change at day time.
- Time Shifting Desktop: The Time Shifting Desktop mode circulates according to the hour of the day, like in the afternoon the wallpaper is bright so the wallpaper is of the Mojave day time with a bright blue sky. But if you take a look at the evening time, the wallpaper probably changes into a darker blue. The sky also shows it’s evening time. As a result, each time you see the macOS desktop you see the Mojave desert is different.
- Stacks: If you want your macOS desktop automatically organized, stacks are the perfect solution for it. Including this, there’s a great feature which has become more powerful in macOS Mojave is Finder. There are lots of features such as Quick Actions, Gallery View. With the new Gallery, you can see videos and pictures easier and quicker and also edit any photos easier than before. This new macOS has redesigned and improved App Store which has made many improvements. At the left side of this new App Store, you can find options like Discover, Create, Work, Play, Develop, Categories, and dates. MacOS Mojave has also added some more brilliant features which like a new screen capture interface. It will give you quick options and the user can select the capturing full screen, capturing selected window and more.
- Screenshot: The new macOS Mojave introduced the most advanced but easy way to shot screen from any part of your computer. This made taking snapshot far easier for everyone, especially for newbies.
- FaceTime: In terms of calling someone, we’re always limited to one person but wasn’t possible with the previous version of macOS. The new macOS revealed a new way of calling with more people simultaneously. Now you can call more than 32 people at one time with FaceTime which is fabulous.
Are you familiar with virtualization? Don’t hear before? Here’s what we know about. The simple answer is, virtualization is a feature that allows a single computer to run as many operating systems as your computer’s resources are limited to. The main thing is, it provides the same feature we used to do for running many operating systems. Means you don’t have to buy a new computer or you have to change your computer, you just need to use a virtual machine. Instead of buying so many computers for running so many operating systems, you can use virtualization which will work without difference like running an operating system on a new computer.
The reason for using virtual machines is if you virtualize you can save money and in just one physical computer, you can run many so why to buy so many computers. With a single machine, you can save money from buying much hardware. There are so many features in it like installing the operating system, configuring the operating system, adding hardware like CD/DVD spot, internet, hard disk and more. Also, you can turn to full-screen resolution, backup in two different ways, restoring the backup and so much more.
With the help of virtual machines, we can install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows PC. All we need to do is create, configure and install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox, and you’ll be all done. Creating a virtual machine is easy to do. Within a few clicks, it will be completely ready to use and you can install macOS Mojave, you can test and check new things to see if it works or not. Now today in this tutorial, we are going to show you how you can install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows PC.
For Installing macOS Mojave on VirtualBox:
For installing this, you need a few things which we’ll guide you and you have to follow some simple steps. First of all, before you do anything, you need to download the macOS Mojave VirtualBox image. The macOS Mojave image file contains the VMDK file of the macOS Mojave. You can download the image file directly from Google drive which is completely free and fast to use. All you need is a google account that you can access the file from Google drive. HFS and APFS are two different types of macOS image and HFS work faster, so I suggest you use the HFS on the VirtualBox.
The next one is VirtualBox to download. It is free and simple, easier from any other apps you’ve downloaded. The last one is the simple text file which contains some commands which we will apply to the virtual machine on VirtualBox. When you’ve downloaded the important and required files of the macOS Mojave image you will need to extract those files for using them. The Win RAR and 7ZIP will help you to extract the files. This is easy to extract the files or any other files. All you have to do is right-click and select extract. These will extract the file immediately. Now you can create a new virtual machine, configure it and install macOS Mojave on it. Let’s do this. There are also some other requirements which are a reliable internet connection and a computer with some space on the hard disk.
- VirtualBox: Installing macOS Mojave requires installing VirtualBox. It is a great free virtual machine app which you can use to install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on your Windows PC. I’ve already put the download link for you which you can use to download. It is very easy to download and install both. Just do it.
- macOS Mojave VirtualBox Image by Thekawra.com (One Full): This is the latest version of macOS Mojave compressed and provided in VMDK file particularly for installing macOS Mojave on Windows PC. We’ve created and done this all for you, so there’s nothing required from your side except you download. It is provided on Google Drive which is great for downloading large files but you’ll need a good internet connection. Just click and enjoy.
- VirtualBox Command File: For patching and making macOS Mojave work correctly on VirtualBox, you’ll need to download this command. We’ve checked the command, it’s working and super useful.
Create A New Virtual Machine
When you are entirely done with downloading the macOS Mojave VirtualBox image. This time, we’re going to create a new Virtual machine to install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox. In this way, the process of creating a new virtual machine to install macOS Mojave is pretty easy. If you’ve downloaded and installed VirtualBox on your PC, it’s quite somehow done. Then we’ll show you how you create and install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows PC.
When you have downloaded and extracted the apps which I told you before, so now you need to open VirtualBox. As you open that, at the left side in corner of the page you will see New button. Click on that and the wizard will come and help you more. We have provided some pictures to guide you and to help you.
As you go in the screen you will be asked to create a virtual machine and there you will have to configure the name and operating system. And follow some steps. Type the name of macOS Mojave in Name field, then select macOS X for the Type and the macOS X (64-bit) Version of the operating system.
When you click, the new page will appear and will require Memory size configuration setting. For this, you can select the memory as needed but I suggest you select half (50%) of the memory. As example if you have 16GB ram you should select half of that(8GB-Ram) for mac. Because, when you will complete the process than running different applications and software will work smoothly. However, don’t go over (50%) unless the Windows 10 will start working worse.
If you have completed the process so you can do the hard disk selection now. For this time, select the Use an existing virtual hard disk file and click on the folder icon to browse macOS Mojave VMDK file.
In this step, select the macOS Mojave APFS or HFS file you had downloaded and click open.
Configure macOS Mojave Virtual Machine
Now your virtual machine is ready to use. We have done much of the settings but we still have some steps remaining. I have brought more information for remaining steps so check them out.
At the right side of VirtualBox, the second option is “settings” click on that. You will see some options.
You will see various options on the left side, go to the system and some options will be given to you. Click on the System tab.
You may find many options, uncheck floppy, increase RAM and next click on the Processors tab. In the processor click and increase it to the middle (50%), that’s the best option. I have provided the shot to help you what option you should use.
Click on display, there you can change the video memory but the best is 128MB. Next click on storage and you will find use Host I/Q cache, check that.
At the end, go to USB tab and click USB 3.0 (xHCI) Controller.
Add Code for Virtualbox on Command Prompt
We have done all the things for the macOS Mojave VM on VirtualBox but a simple step is remaining. The remaining part is to add code for VirtualBox. However, you need to add a simple code to the virtual machine. To make it close the VirtualBox and from start menu type for CMD then right-click it and select Run as administrator from options when the command prompt opened.
Since the code is not specified, you’ll need to specify that. To do that, open the code and press Ctrl + H and type Your VM Name in the Find What and macOS Mojave in the next tab. In the end, click Replace All. When it’s done, copy and paste the command to command prompt. Here’s how it should really look like.
Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows PC
Now it is the time that you were waiting. It’s time to install mac. We are a little far from registering your mac and here are the steps. In this step, click on start virtual box then you have t wait. This will take a bit long.
At last, you will see the screen there. When the welcome page will open it will require you to choose your country.
The next page, you have to choose the keyboard layout.
Every app or programs have their own privacy this app also had their privacy and policy so read that carefully.
A new window will open asking you do you want to transfer information and you will have some options. Choose any of them. I recommend choosing “don’t transfer because it is not the actual computer you use.”
Having apple ID is so important for every app as same as this. You can use many features of macOS but you can do that later.
The app requires agreeing with the terms and conditions so agree with that.
Create a new account for macOS. You will be asked for your information down below. Write your full name, enter the account name. Write a password to log in the macOS. Don’t forget to write the same password in verification too. Write something that should remind you to the password as a hint in the “Hint” and press Continue.
The next page is the Express Set Up, Continue with it. In this page, you are allowing Apple apps to provide you their services.
In here you will have to choose a variation for your macOS 10.14 Mojave. As I said before in the first paragraph that mac has got really a fantastic look like dark mode. You can use any of them and also you can change it that.
Be ready for enjoying because you have done a nice job. You have to set up some settings for your mac. You will see your macOS Mojave for the first time.